WINDAROO LAKES prides itself on having one of the best presented courses in the district. We ask our members & visitors to observe the following requirements to ensure that the course is cared for and that everyone has an enjoyable round of golf.
- Golf shoes with soft spikes MUST be worn.
- Players MUST carry sand buckets and repair all divot holes with sand.
- Bunkers MUST be raked. Please leave the rake in the middle of the bunker facing the direction of play.
- Pitch marks on greens MUST be repaired.
Before leaving a bunker, a player should carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints made by the player, and then leave the rake with the handle pointing toward the tee of the hole being played.
- Always enter the bunker at the lowest point.
- Pull rake toward you as you exit the bunker.
- If required rake other affected areas.
- Do not pile sand at the edge of the bunker. Push back excess sand.
- Always leave rake in the flat of the bunker with the handle pointing toward the tee of the hole being played.
- Always start at the back of the mark and pull forward with the repairer.
- Use repairer around all sides and slowly ease turf toward the centre of the mark.
- Do not lift the soil upwards.
- Lightly tap down with putter.
- Remove any loose turf from the affected area.
- Knock in all sides of the edge of the divot with your club or your shoe.
- Sand area. (Do not over fill divot.)
Damage to green
Players should ensure that, when putting down bags, or the flagstick, no damage is done to the putting green, and that neither they nor their caddies damage the hole by standing close to it in handling the flagstick or in removing the ball from the hole. The flagstick should be properly replaced in the hole before the players leave the putting green.
- Don’t drop the flagstick on the putting surface as it will cause damage.
- Always lower the flagstick by club, or by hand.
- Avoid damage to surrounds by placing the stick in the centre of the cup.
Motorised Golf Car
Players using motorised golf carts MUST abide by the rules set down covering their use as follows:
- There must not be more than two persons to each motorised cart.
- Motorised carts must not be driven over tees and must not be driven within Fifteen (15) metres of any green or inside YELLOW lines marked on fairways indicating no carts.
- Motorised carts MUST NOT be driven between bunkers and greens or on shoulders of greens.
- IE: No short cuts!
- When paths are provided near tees and greens, motorised carts MUST use them.
- Players using motorised carts must maintain their normal place in the field and have no special priority.
- All signs on the course relating to motorised cart use MUST be observed at all times.
- Only two sets of clubs are permitted for each motorised cart.
- Motorised carts are to be parked away from greens. Please obey parking notices.
THESE RULES WILL BE STRICTLY MONITORED AND ALL CART DRIVERS WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE RULES WILL BE LIABLE TO HAVE PERMISSION TO USE CARTS REVOKED OR MEMBERSHIP SUSPENDED.
GREENS STAFF HAVE RIGHT OF WAY AT ALL TIMES
In a situation where grounds staff are working on a hole to be played, players must wait to be acknowledged and waived through by the greens staff.